NorthGate Awarded Training and Development Grant
NorthGate was recently invited to apply for a Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC) grant from the MMTC’s Going Pro Talent Fund – which we did, and are now happy to announce that NorthGate was awarded $53,795 in funds for training.
We look forward to sending a select group of employees to the following training and development classes:
• Supervisory Leadership courses for our Supervisors and Team Leads
• 5S Visual Management & Pull System training for our Supervisors and Team Leads
• A3 Problem Solving sessions for our Quality Department Employees
• Layered Process Audit classes for our Quality Department Employees
• Lean Office Champion courses for our Purchasing Managers
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification program for our Quality Managers
These NorthGate employees will not only benefit from the valuable training, but since these sessions were designed to be collaborative, they will be enriching their development alongside other local manufacturers’ employees; networking and sharing best practices with the best in the industry. Overall, the training should help us build capacity and develop our talent, increase the efficiency of our operations, and boost employee morale and retention.